Love Lingers Here: Intimate Enduring Relationships–V. Exploring the Founding Story
• Use their founding stories as a couple to help fight old “ghosts” from previous relationships and set the context for restructuring their current relationship.
• Retell their founding story to help sustain their relationship through difficult times.
• Relish the retelling of early, passionate images of their partnership.
• View their partner as the epitome of what they need to fill their lives with hope and meaning.
• Recognize the person they have become today is in part because of this enduring relationship and their intimate interactions with their partner over the years.